Direct-hire opportunity with a premier non-profit organization in Phoenix - $85-100K
- In partnership with Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Division, design, lead, model, and embed diversity and equity across the affiliate, working with all levels of management and staff.
Culture and Employee Relations
- Design and implement strategies for attracting, developing, training and retaining exceptional talent that is diverse and who represent historically under-served or under-represented communities and populations.
- Recommend and manage an actionable organizational wide staffing plan based on talent needs assessment to ensure organization has the human capital skills needed to achieve measurable business results.
- Develop and implement programs to enhance employee satisfaction and positively affect staff turnover and retention of talent.
- Partners with managers to develop and update job descriptions that align to organiziation's values and mission impact goals; and outline the required skills and talents needed to advance the organization.
- Design and oversee a comprehensive, inclusive onboarding and orientation program that sets new employees up for success and ensures knowledge of policies and legal compliance. Monitor and measure the effectiveness of the program and update accordingly.
- Develop a credible, effective, efficient and collaborative talent development process that is focused on achieving measurable results.
- Plan, deliver, evaluate and track relevant training needs and programs for Agency leaders as it relates to Human Resources policies/procedures, DEI, legal updates, retention, and engagement.
- Design and implement the agency’s performance management system, procedures, and compliance.
Total Rewards Strategy
- Be the steward of Culture and Values.
- Act as a Trusted Partner who represents and embodies the best interests of the affiliate and its people.
- Develop positive working relationships across the organization in order to anticipate people-related needs, proactively address pain points, and ensure a workplace where everyone can contribute and thrive.
- Advise managers on policy and operational issues in order to resolve and anticipate complex problems and questions, including employee relations issues, in an equitable manner compliant with legal regulations and general business practices.
- Monitor and support effective employee relations activity and provide coaching to managers on effective practices. Serves as internal consultant to managers and advisor/mediator in employee situations in which disciplinary action is required. Advise management regarding all employee terminations; oversee all aspects of employee termination.
Risk and Compliance Management
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide incentives and rewards for effective performance and for the short and long-range health and welfare of the employees, while meeting goals of the organization.
- Design, implement and monitor compensation plan, including market analysis of positions, internal equity analysis, and determination of hiring salary. Establishes and maintains salary ranges which are market competitive and internally equitable to enhance recruitment and retention of employees.
- Oversee the administration of employee benefit programs such health insurance, paid time off, retirement plans, unemployment, and workers compensation. Administers the employee benefits program. Evaluates benefits for cost effectiveness, employee satisfaction and competitiveness. Works with outside insurance brokers to negotiate contracts with insurance companies.
- Oversee personnel record keeping including: new hires, employee reviews, promotions, transfers, separations, reporting, compliance and exit interviews.
- Oversee HRIS and works collaboratively with payroll to ensure timely, accurate payment to employees and reporting of information.
- Ensures that all employment policies/practices are lawful and consistently interpreted and administered by all supervisors.
- Oversee the investigation of all employee complaints or claims of discrimination or harassment including sexual harassment.
- Monitor and support effective employee relations activity and provide coaching to managers on effective practices. Serves as an internal consultant to managers and advisor/mediator in employee situations in which corrective or disciplinary action is required. Advises management regarding all employee terminations; oversees and approves all termination recommendations and seeks legal counsel, when appropriate.
- Provide leadership and oversight of all worker’s compensation insurance and workplace injuries, including continually evaluating experience ratings, maintaining vendor relationships, evaluations, reporting and general oversight of injury claims.
- Responsible for oversight of unemployment claims and administration; represents at all unemployment compensation hearings.
- Ensures annual EEO-1 reporting is compiled, accurate and reported on time.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices and new technologies in human resources, talent management, employee relations and total rewards, applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Monitor and ensure the organizations compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies/practices annually, including the review and modification of the employee handbook or as needed to maintain compliance.
- Provide leadership, training and direction to HR staff. Responsibilities include holding employees accountable for all essential duties/responsibilities within their respective job descriptions, monitoring and evaluation work performance, assisting where and when needed.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the agency’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include participation in the recruiting process and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; evaluating performance, rewarding and coaching employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Psychology or Communication or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8-10 years experience in Human Resources management, preferably in a multi-site organization or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years in a senior leadership position.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Management, or a related field
- Experience in health care
- SPHR certification from the Human Resource Certification Institute or SHRM-SCP Certification from the Society for Human Resource Management required.