The Payroll Coordinator is primarily responsible monitoring the employee timekeeping system and ensuring that company policies and applicable government regulations are followed, implementing payroll processes, analyzing payroll activity and labor reports, preparing payroll related analytical reports, assisting with payroll system maintenance, reviewing payroll calculations and transactions, ensuring that tax withholding, benefits, levies and various other deductions are accurate and compliant with regulations, managing the company pay card program, and assisting management with various reports generation and analysis.
Payroll Coordinator Duties Include:
- Develop and update timekeeping training manuals.
- Provide timely and clear training to employees related to timekeeping, mileage and general reimbursement procedures.
- Review and monitor employee timesheet input and approval, reimbursement and other special pay input to identify potential errors and/or delay.
- Analyze all payroll batches and inputs to identify potential errors and exceptions, particularly special pays and coefficient overtime calculations to ensure completeness and accuracy of each payroll processing.
- Identify and ensure that all non-cash payments and/or taxable benefits to employees are properly recorded in the payroll records (i.e. gift cards, personal use of company vehicle, etc.)
- Analyze payroll and labor distribution reports and prepare analytical payroll, timekeeping and labor distribution reports as requested by management.
- Analyze and monitor the accuracy of Form 941 filing by the payroll vendor. Analyze and monitor the accuracy of W-2 and 1095 reporting for all employees. Work closely with payroll vendor to ensure that all necessary edits to W-2 and 1095’s are made before final processing occurs.
- 5+ years payroll processing and/or analytical experience.
- Possess strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Intermediate Excel skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies.
- Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card or apply for an Arizona fingerprint clearance card (Level 1) within 7 working days of assuming role.
- Must pass a TB Test.