Full cycle talent acquisition for development of effective recruiting & sourcing strategies, social and digital strategies, internal hiring, recruitment technology, new hire orientation program, driving and delivering on SLAs/KPIs, and recruitment vendor relationships. This role requires strong commitment to an internal consultative approach, achieving operational excellence and delivering exceptional customer service.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Key Measures of Success:
- Continually evaluate and drive improvements to the recruitment process that integrates talent planning, creative and cost-effective candidate sourcing, competency- and behavioral-based interviewing, and a positive candidate experience
- Identify/align/execute talent acquisition strategies that drive best practices in sourcing and recruiting. This includes identifying optimal technologies that streamline recruitment process, improve the candidate experience, and integrates with current and future enterprise HR systems.
- Lead a team of regional Talent Acquisition Partners that are accountable for recruiting restaurant management team members, in addition to consulting with field offices on best practices to support hourly hiring. Establish performance goals, provide ongoing improvement feedback, and support the performance of Talent Acquisition team members.
- Counsel and coach hiring leaders enterprise-wide in hiring practices including interviewing, assessment of talent, and selection compliance with federal/state/local laws.
- Monitor and drive the recruitment processes and procedures to ensure high quality candidate experience. Deliver exceptional customer service with a primary focus on operational excellence, proactive, competitive and cost-effective recruitment solutions. This includes driving a data-driven Talent Acquisition organization, evolving recruiting metrics and analytics that provide insights, guide decision making, and measure team productivity and program ROI.
- Collaborate with the Compensation team to ensure positions are aligned to the appropriate pay grade.
- Oversee external recruitment vendors including contract negotiation and renewal. Ensure that all vendor invoices are being paid timely and in accordance with accounting procedures.
- Manages new employee relocation by determining new employee requirements and managing relocation vendor to ensure a positive experience.
- Ensure recruiting, interviewing and selection process are compliant with legal requirements.
Optimization and continuous improvement of integrated systems (process, tools, accountabilities) for talent acquisition team.
- Evaluate and implement improved talent pipelining for field management and hourly positions.
- Create and implement revised talent assessment tools (interview guides and candidate assessments) for use by hiring leaders.
- Improve effectiveness (measured by flow) of hourly talent acquisition capabilities (structure, process, technology) for the field.
- Continual reduction of cost-per-hire for all positions; continually evaluating and identifying savings and increased ROI.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in human resources, business, or related area preferred.
- PHR, SPHR, or SHRM-certified professional a plus
- 8+ years of talent acquisition experience including at least three supervising direct reports in a geographically dispersed environment; preferably for a restaurant, retail, or hospitality company.
- Working knowledge of applicant tracking systems
- Previous IT/technical recruiting experience required
- Experience recruiting in a multi-unit/multi-state organization.
- Experience in developing and executing recruiting processes, procedures, and best practices.
- Experience with automated recruitment systems required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to effectively coach, develop, and lead people, including remote staff
- Experience leveraging vendor relationships in talent acquisition programs.
- Conceptually analytical with an inherent metrics-driven approach to developing scalable, sustainable strategies and initiatives
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment while delivering high quality results in a changing environment.
- Advanced knowledge and application of employment practices and federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Ability to influence and interact with all levels of management and employees while maintaining collaborative partnerships.
- Ability to evaluate, analyze, and resolve complex problems