Human Resources Manager
The ideal candidate will passionately and professionally support the full scope of Human Resources responsibilities and be a respected business partner for all strategic initiatives. Maintain and enhance the organization's human resources function by planning, implementing, and evaluating human resources policies, programs, and practices. Reports to Company Founder and Owner.
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Develops, administers various human resources plans and procedures for a multi-state, multi-unit service organization.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow.
- Administers all recruitment activities including writing and placing advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-path program and employee relations counseling; conducts exit interviews.
- Handles worker company claims, leaves of absence, garnishments, FMLA, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization's compliance.
- Communicates changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the VP, on personnel matters.
- Works directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development for the organization.
- maintains a human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
- Supervises the staff of the human resource department.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains organizational charts and employee directory.
Bachelor's degree or relevant experience