The Payroll Supervisor will lead and supervise 9+ members of the payroll team both remotely and in‐house. This role will actively lead recruiting, on‐boarding, performance evaluations, goal‐setting, and disciplinary actions in accordance with company policy. The Payroll Supervisor will oversee the daily workflows of the department to meet processing timelines for the organizations 17+ payrolls, plan for coverages and upcoming payroll‐relative/impacted events for weekly, bi‐weekly, semi‐monthly, and monthly payrolls for US and Canada. This role will also own the regular evaluation of compliance and SOX requirements that ensure the integrity of internal controls and SOD initiatives.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
Skills and Abilities:
- Oversees procedures and processes and manages inquiries and requests related to preparation and distribution of payroll.
- Processes payroll transactions for the Executive team for 4 divisions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll software, systems, and procedures.
- Prioritizes the focus of the group to meet department and organizational goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Travel 10%
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem‐solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills. · Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with ADP software.
- Familiarity with equity processing
- Experience with large corporations · Strong communication skills both oral/written
- M&A experience+ ADP Vantage experience+
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required.
- Four years of experience in payroll processing required with two years in a supervisory or management role preferred.
- CPP designation is preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred