Benefits Specialist, Sr.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assesses and gives advice to supervisors and managers on methods and approaches to resolving employee benefit problems.
· Acts as primary contact for employee benefits inquiries.
· Maintains benefits systems, performing updates and data entry.
· Advises individuals regarding eligibility and coverage for such programs as health, dental, vision, group life, long- and short-term disability, retirement, income continuation, and other such policies.
· Ensures compliance with COBRA, HIPAA, and ERISA provisions, and files required State and Federal reports.
· Communicates provisions of benefit packages by way of benefit booklets, new employee orientations, and annual policy renewal meetings.
· May oversee preparation of annual employee census for basis of quotes from insurers and providers of benefits.
· May conduct research to determine the effectiveness of benefit programs and policies.
· May select or assist in selection of carriers based quotes, benefits offered, and previous experience.
· May evaluate and suggest changes in cost sharing between organization and employees.
· May have lead or professional responsibilities over lower level support and clerical personnel.
· Bilingual English/Spanish required
· 4- 6 years’ experience in human resources focusing on US benefits
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
· Experience with Ulti-Pro desired
· Strong knowledge of ERISA, employee benefit programs, including flexible benefit programs, financial analysis and budgeting
· Strong interpersonal, collaboration, planning and problem-solving skills
· Must have superior organizational skills and be able to prioritize and work simultaneously on several projects.
· Able to work independently as required to complete assigned tasks, and operate within a team environment
· Able to shift priorities and effectively perform under pressure.
· Demonstrated capability in building trusted partnerships at all levels of the organization
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills