The Organizational Development Manager is responsible for elements of career management, succession planning, diversity and inclusion strategies, and the organizational development processes that enable the company to align talent with the company's strategic objectives.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
The Organizational Development Manager will be involved in a variety of activities including, but not limited to the following:
- Partner with key stakeholders across all functions and Divisions to track and support the development activities for successors of key positions
- Coordinate and follow-up on actions from talent meetings to grow leadership talent and improve the organization's succession and bench strength
- Drive adoption of talent planning processes that lead to tangible results in leadership an high potential employee development, targeting sourcing and talent acquisition
- Lead continuous improvement efforts in the Leadership System to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the process and integrity of the data
- Conduct appropriate needs assessments, solution determinations, implementation plan and sustainability/adoption efforts with Divisions and/or functions
- Identify effective processes to accurately assess talent and readiness of high potential employees
- Create tools, resources, and education to drive talent growth strategies that build the talent pipeline for leadership and other critical roles needed by the business
- Identify, develop, and implement behavior/competency-based career development tools and resources to enhance professional development
- Utilize change management strategies to enable successful adoption and utilization of tools and processes in both current and future needs
- Build solutions that have a measurable impact to business outcomes specific to talent readiness, leadership effectiveness, and organizational design - improving efficiency, enhancing operations, and driving profitability
- Track implementation and progress of all organizational development initiatives
- Leverage data, analytics, and research to support the development of talent strategy and decision-making
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated skills and proficiency in the following areas: enterprise point of view, collaboration across a matrixed organization, ability to influence effectively at multiple levels of an organization, strong teamwork and proven skills communicating effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in close partnership and collaboration with the businesses, executing a high degree of independence, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels across the organization
- Systems thinker who understands all the connections and integration points through the entire talent management lifecycle.
- Strong project and process management skills.
- Able to analyze data quickly and thoroughly and provide sound business recommendations based on data.
- Financial/business acumen
- Bachelors level degree
- 5+ years of progressive human resource experience with a blend of experience across HR business partner and talent roles.
- A proven track record of translating vison/strategy into operational execution in Human Resource/Talent roles.
- Experience understanding business needs and objectives to ensure alignment of priorities