Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 401(k), and wellness benefits.
· Maintain employee benefits filing systems and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in payroll system for payroll deduction.
· Assist employees with health, dental, life and other related benefit questions.
· Oversee COBRA process.
· Coordinate workers' compensation claims with third-party administrator.
· Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
· Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
· Ensure distribution of required employee notices.
· Assist Benefits Manager in completing benefits reporting requirements.
· Assists with the open enrollment process.
· Assists with new-hire orientations.
· Provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges.
· Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
· Associate’s degree in HR or related field, but experience and/or other training/certification may be substituted for the education.
· Minimum one-year experience in benefits administration
· Knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.