The Compensation Manager manages the compensation programs and processes for the global company's team. The Compensation Manager plans, develops, and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies, and procedures to align with the company's goals and competitive practices. This position is also responsible for ensuring that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with internal policies and government regulations.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Manages the development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs, including salary planning, and short-term and equity-based incentives.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation practices and recommends changes that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives.
- Provides advice to corporate staff on pay decisions, policy interpretations, and job evaluations.
- Designs creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs and incentive plans.
- Develops techniques for compiling, preparing, and presenting data.
- Oversees the participation in salary surveys and monitors salary survey data to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, human resources, or related field and six years of progressively responsible experience in employee compensation, or equivalent mix of both.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations as they apply to base compensation and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations
- Public company experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-starter with high attention to detail and strong project management skills to successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Pay range is $120-130k base