Position summary: The Human Resources Supervisor will supervise production schedulers, serve as a subject matter expert in ADP and benefits and will provide back-up for the payroll function. This position provides input and assists in the development of policies and procedures and is responsible to ensure consistent application of all policies and procedures within the supported business unit.
- An associate degree in human resources or related field or equivalent experience
- 4-5 years progressive experience in human resources;
- Direct hands-on experience in all aspects of Human Resources including benefit administration, HRIS systems, employee relations, payroll, and employment law.
- Ability to work with a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues.
- Ability to support 3 shifts and ability to flex schedule for business needs.
- Experience with HRIS; ADP preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining effective relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- • Intermediate to advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, v-look ups) and reporting.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment;
Essential functions and responsibilities:
Success factors/job competencies:
- Consistent and dependable attendance.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and direction to Production Schedulers.
- Ability to work weekends and flexible schedules as business needs demand.
- Ability to work with or around food allergens of all types.
- Complete Payroll adjustments and forward to Payroll Manager.
- Provides payroll processing backup support.
- Responsible for the data integrity of ADP.
- Enforce the GMP’s for all people entering Company including all visitors, applicants, government officials, drivers, salespeople, etc.
- Prepares weekly reports for headcount, turnover, manning etc.
- May investigate employee disputes/complaints and policy violations.
- Communicate with Department heads/Management any pertinent information regarding team members, staffing, investigations, production needs, issues, investigations, and terminations or disciplines.
- Assist with team member onboarding and communication programs including administering and tracking New-Hire introductions, NH surveys, etc.
- Assist departments in carrying out all various human resources programs and procedures for all company team members including the Safety Program and Benefits,
- Coordinate/participate in morale building programs such as the Holiday Party, contest, events, or communications as needed.
- Attend in house/community HR meetings representing Company.
- Enter and maintain accurate employee information into ADP database systems including but not limited to; new hires, benefits, payroll information, direct deposits, deductions, data changes, and terminations
- Audit employee files regularly
- Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
- All other duties as assigned
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products
- Talking to others and convey information effectively
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Managing one’s own time and the time of others
- High attention to detail
Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, use hands to finger, grasp, or feel objects, talk or communicate, hear, and visually inspect.
- Work environment: Sedentary work exerting up to 10lbs of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or consistently to lift, carry, push, pull. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Inside environmental conditions: protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Being honest and ethical
- Being careful about detail and through in completing work tasks
- Being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Original Job Description: Human Resources Generalist December 2013
- Revised: September 2022