Provides overall coordination, support and maintenance necessary to ensure the proper and effective functioning of business unit or department systems. Participates in the development, analysis, planning, implementation, administration, and communication of a broad range of department systems, programs, policies and practices. Serves as the functional area's analytical expert for multiple systems and business areas to provide operational support to the enterprise. This may include issue resolution, system security, reporting, intranet web pages and other areas as defined. Works with other department functions to identify, plan and implement solutions that will maximize organizational effectiveness through the use of technology.
Partners with IT and/or leads projects involving process and system improvements and special technology needs. Develops and generates a variety of department, function and company reports and statistical summaries. Assists in the development and maintenance of standardized reporting protocol for the functional area to ensure data integrity and consistency.
- BS/BA equivalency or an equivalent combination of four years relevant work experience and relevant college coursework in business, information technology or a related area.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience where strong understanding of database design, structure, functions and processes and experience with database tools is obtained.
- Previous experience with the systems specific to the functional area may also be required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business processes and operational knowledge including functions, procedures, processes, and computer systems. Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and tie functional needs to technology solutions.
- Demonstrated project/team experience and ability to prioritize work. Strong analytical ability to review data, see relationships and patterns as well as communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience in managing projects and identifying and resolving issues. Expertise in Microsoft Office applications including advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience with Microsoft Office 365 is a plus.
- Requires proficient knowledge of emerging practices and technologies used within the area. Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and standards impacting business areas.
- Demonstrated communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Expertise with implementing and supporting SAP/SuccessFactors Talent Management Suite (Platform) is required. Experience with Employee Central is a plus.
- Participates or leads projects to formulate and define business processes, systems scope and objectives through research and fact finding combined with a good understanding of business functions, systems, and industry requirements.
- Participates in or oversees the analysis and recommendation, installation and maintenance of new and enhancement of existing systems.
- Provides input and gathers functional requirements, policy/procedure interpretation, and future business system needs. Supports upgrades, patches, fixes, and new implementations by performing testing, process and system documentation, and supports end user training and roll out efforts.
- Works within areas of responsibility on process improvement initiatives. Analyzes work process design, workflow and technology solutions to streamline, automate and improve work processes.
- Researches, analyzes, and resolves routine to complex business/operations problems related to systems utilized within the business units. Interfaces with IS or vendors to resolve issues as necessary. Follows up with resolution of problems to ensure timely response and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates and participates in the development of effective business cases using sound cost/benefit analysis with some direction. For smaller projects, may coordinate assigned phases of project planning and execution, including estimating resources and tasks, creating, managing and controlling project schedules and resources.
- Provides operational support for multiple business areas and systems including, but not limited to, researching and resolving system problems, system setup and maintenance, and data integrity audits.
- Writes, maintains and supports a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assists in the development of standard and complex reports for customers. Assists in the development and maintenance of standardized business reporting protocol and ensures data integrity and consistency in all reporting aspects.
- Participates in project team assignments either as a project lead or as a key team member. Responsible for coordinating activities within the functional business areas. Direct areas of project responsibility could include business needs analysis, project scope definition, testing strategy, roll out and user acceptance.
- Maintains documentation of system changes, business processes, guidelines and procedures, and tools and training aids needed to support business unit.
- May support application/system training to functional users.
- May be responsible for managing security for all business systems including documentation of processes associated with security. Responsible for ensuring appropriate data security controls, process and system documentation.
- May monitor and track business goals, activities, performance monitoring and issues for an assigned unit(s) to keep management apprised of business unit activities.
- May participate in the planning, development, and administration of business unit's budget functions.
- Actively seeks knowledge and understanding of business/technical environment, priorities, procedures and processes. Keeps apprised of current and emerging trends for the business unit's systems.