Network Engineer (Optic Fiber Network)
The purpose of the role is to oversee operations to provide reliable and high-speed internet connectivity to businesses and individuals that will shape the future of our organization as we build and entrench the brand in the US. This role will work closely with the Operations team to ensure that customers are always connected to high-speed internet services without interruption.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of the organization’s network infrastructure, including LAN, WANs, VPNs, GPON, cloud-based network, wireless and WiFi solutions. • Install, configure, and maintain equipment essential for the delivery of high-quality broadband voice and data services over a passive optical network up to the outside plant (point of demarcation from ISP facilities) utilizing a variety of optical and electrical interfaces. This includes the installation, construction, commissioning, operation, and break-fix remediation, with root cause analysis of equipment associated with Headend (HE), Central Offices (CO) Point of Presence (POP), and Customer Premise Equipment (CPE).
- Monitor consistency, reliability, performance, and interference issues of the companies' network.
- Detailed understanding and experience with GPON and XGS-PON.
- Functional proficiency with Local and Wide Area Networking equipment, Virtual Operating Systems, Firewalls, Passive Optical Networks, and other related technologies.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to resolve network challenges and downtime.
- Configure, design, and test network configuration.
- Document and diagramming networks, relevant processes, and troubleshooting steps.
- Develop technical specifications with vendors for equipment selection and evaluate equipment performance associated with the quality and procurement team.
- Define and maintain the network architecture to meet current and future business needs, scalability requirements, and industry best practices.
- Develop and implement network security policies and protocols to protect the organization’s data infrastructure from cyber threats while complying with industry standards and regulations.
- Manage and coordinate various projects throughout the start-up and consolidation of the company. This includes working closely with the relevant teams to manage and control the budget and oversee the management and maintenance of the network infrastructure, network capacity, upgrades, availability, and reliability of our service offerings.
- Identifying and mitigating operational risks, implementing risk management strategies, and ensuring business continuity in the face of potential disruptions.
- Establish relevant project management methodologies and tools to support effective communication, collaboration, and completion of projects within scope, budget, and timeline.
Travel Occasionally Working Arrangement: Office I Remote I Hybrid The incumbent will be required to work in the office.
5 – 9 years experience in telecommunications (specifically fiber network / ISP providers) GPON networks, ISP networks Additional The successful individual must be flexible and adaptable with the ability to understand and navigate through uncertainty, complex enterprises, and execute corporate strategy. This individual is also flexible on work arrangements, taking into consideration the time difference between Arizona, UAE, and South Africa. Degree preferred.