Commercial Roofing Service Sales / Estimator (DENVER, CO)
Develop new relationships to sell profitable preventive roof maintenance agreements, restoration coating systems, and corrective roof repairs on commercial, industrial, and government buildings in the Denver, Colorado area. All inspection and proposal opportunities to be maintained accurately and in a timely manner in the CRM system.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily as outlined above. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Demonstrated experience successfully selling profitable commercial roofing service agreements and/or restoration coating systems.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to write highly effective reports, proposals, and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, managers, and customers.
- Ability to work with diverse client/customer base.
- Attend job walks and prepare take-off off by measuring, noting all variables of the roof site. This may require multiple visits to the actual project site.
- Fluent knowledge of a variety of computer software applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Knowledge of office administrative procedures and knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have 5 years verifiable estimating experience specific to commercial roofing (preferably with a focus on service and/or coating restoration work).
- All candidates considered for this position must be fluent in Microsoft Office suite software.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate their skills and will be tested.
- Solid knowledge to analyze roofs as well as blueprints, specification interpretations, proposals, and other documentation to prepare material quotes, fabrication labor and construction labor requirement quotes, project pricing, and bid abstracts. Prepare itemized lists and summaries.
- Complete understanding of manufacturer product warranties.
- Maintain a positive rapport with property and facilities managers, general contractors, and manufacturer representatives.
- Compute cost factors and prepare estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors and/or subcontractors, and determining cost effectiveness.
- Consult with subcontractors, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Work with Project Managers, Purchasing, and Management as needed in the preparation and final evaluation of bids.
- Organize and manage a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized.
- Identify cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and processes of improvement.
- Estimate prices on change orders on existing contracts.
- Attend pre-construction and bid/pre-qualification meetings.
Successful applicants must undergo a thorough background check which includes drug screen, reference checks, public record information, including any record of criminal conduct, and motor vehicle records.
- Competitive salary and commission program with the potential to earn $100k+ per year
- Use of company vehicle and cell phone
- Great health insurance options
- Medical & dental
- Company paid short-term disability.
- Company-paid life Insurance
- Earned PTO, and more!